1. Purchases at the auction can be paid by cash or check only, and only checks from known customers are
2. The objects are sold in areas open to the public. The sale starts when there are at least 10 bidders in the room.
Objects are sold to the
highest bidder. The Auctioneer begins the auction, starting from the first adequate offer, according to the value of
the object and concurrent
3. The exhibition that precedes the sale allows for careful examination of the state and quality of the objects. All
sales are final and cannot be
contested, even if there is an error in the catalogue listing.
4. Objects are sold exclusively by the Auctioneer, who, during the auction, can vary the order of the objects from
the catalogue listing, and has
the authority to change and divide lots.
5. In the event of a dispute during the auction, the Auctioneer has the authority to resume bidding from the
6. The purchaser has to pay a commission of 25% of the price of a sale (hammer price), excluding the value of the
IVA (VAT) (art. 45 law 21 nov.
2000 n° 342).
7. Objects have to be paid for within 20 days following the sale. In the case of non-payment, the bidder will have
to pay an additional storage
fee to the House of Auctions, as well as the commission on the sale price, which the House of Auctions has to pay
to the owner. The additional
charges do not negate the 24% charge on the sale price (see number 6).
8. The transport of purchased lots is at the expense of the purchaser. If the buyer fails to make the withdrawal of
the lots purchased and paid
(Article 6), these will be subject to storage charges, from 20th day following the purchase, of 10,00 euros per week
for every lot (painting,
furniture or any other object) large volume (cm. 80 x 80 x 2 or larger) and 5.00 euros per week for each lot of at
least one of these three sizes
9. The auction catalogue is compiled with maximum care and professionalism, in compliance with the diligence
standards and care requirements
of the House of Auctions. In the case of a dispute, the purchaser can only be reimbursed if lack of authenticity of
an object is definitively
acknowledged. Reimbursements are not given in the case of damages, returns, etc., as the House of Auctions
Babuino s.r.l acts in the name of
the seller and does not claim the legal responsibility for the condition of objects. Consequently, the highest bidder
will not be able to contest
any eventual errors and/or inaccuracies between the indications in the catalogue and the actual objects, nor
can they contest any eventual
difference between the photographic image and the exhibited object, nor any differences between details
described in the catalogue and actual
object (i.e. materials and manufacturing techniques, date of object, etc.).
10. The House of Auctions Babuino s.r.l. does not give reimbursements for the total amount of purchased objects,
in the case a dispute is
resolved favouring the purchaser, after payment has already been made to the owner.
The House of Auctions will suspend the payment of an object to the owner, if the dispute is resolved within 30 days
of the auction sale.
11. For objects eventually subject to the investigation by the State, according to articles 2, 3 and 5 of law 1/6/1939
n. 1089 and successive
modifications, the purchasers must observe all of the relevant legislative regulations, with all burdens falling on
the purchaser, legal right
stemming from D. Lgs 13.2.2006 n. 118.
12. Exporting goods from the Italian Republic is subject to the norms contained in DL. 29110/99 n. 490 (art. 65 - 72).
of free circulation to release cargo is the responsibility of the purchaser. Lack of, or a delayed release of, any
licence, even if due to notifications
from the State occurring after a sale, does not constitute cancellation of the sale, nor does it justify delayed
payment for goods or payment for
less than the total amount due.
13. The present regulations are published in the sale catalogue and, therefore, are considered accepted by
whoever becomes the highest bidder
of an object. The purchaser, therefore, assumes the legal responsibility of all purchases.
14. The present terms of sale are regulated by Italian law. All controversy that arrive in relation to the application,
interpretation, and execution
of the present terms of sale is exclusively deferred to the Court of Rome.
Casa d’Aste Babuino s.r.l.
Rome, Via dei Greci 2/a